What could be more unique than a snowflake? Try magical snowflakes that change color before your eyes! Bring excitement to winter craft time with this mesmerizing salt painted snowflake craft. The Scout Elves have provided the free template, and with glue, watercolors and a paintbrush from your playroom, you’ll have just what you need to kick off a last-minute creative project. A snowy activity you can do without bundling up? Total parenting win!
- Snowflake printable
- White craft glue
- Print the free snowflake printable.
- Using white craft glue, trace the outline of each snowflake, working quickly so the glue doesn’t dry.
- Pour salt on each snowflake, making sure to cover all the glue.
- Turn the paper sideways to remove excess salt.
- Dip a paintbrush in watercolor, and carefully touch the tip of the paintbrush to the salt snowflake, watching as
the salt absorbs the color. Helpful hint: You could also use a mixture of water and food coloring.
- Repeat step 5 until you have painted all the snowflakes.
Take a look in the Craft Corner to see additional crafts you can easily create!
Please remember that when attempting the craft included in this post children should always be supervised by an adult. When using crafting supplies or products, always read manufacturer’s instructions and warnings.