Australia experiences Christmas during their summer season, but not to worry—The Elf on the Shelf still has plenty of ideas to help them have a holly jolly time. One great way for Scout Elf pals to help our Australian friends celebrate is by building a sand snowman!
Australian Sand Snowman
- Craft or gardening sand
- Floral foam balls
- Craft or gardening rocks and twigs
- One baby carrot
- Glue or spray adhesive
- Mini top hat
- Wooden skewer
- First, your Scout Elf will arrange three floral foam balls of graduated sizes onto a wooden skewer with the biggest at the bottom and the smallest at the top.
- Second, they will cover the floral foam balls with glue or spray adhesive then coat them in sand.
- Third, your elf will use glue to adhere rocks, one baby carrot and twigs to the floral foam balls to make up your sand-snowman's features.
- Finally, your Scout Elf may include a little hat to go atop the “sandman’s” head!