- Cone-shaped bags
- Hot cocoa mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Googly eyes
- Red pom-poms
- Rubber bands
- Brown pipe cleaners
- White heat-safe mugs
- Oil-based permanent paint pens
- Your Scout Elf wants you to enjoy a fine wintertime drink; that’s why your elf will leave all the fine fixings for hot cocoa on the kitchen counter! To create the festive mugs, your elf will:
- Use paint pens to draw fun faces and designs on mugs for each of your family members.
- Put the mugs in the oven and turn it on to 350 degrees (your Scout Elf makes sure not to preheat the oven!)
- Bake the mugs for 30 minutes and then turn the oven off, leaving the mugs inside to cool for a couple of hours.
- Start on the hot cocoa cones as the mugs are cooling.
- Fill each bag about halfway with hot cocoa mix, and top it off with a handful of mini marshmallows.
- Close the bag with a rubber band, and wrap one long brown pipe cleaner around the rubber band, letting the pipe cleaner stick out horizontally.
- Cut one brown pipe cleaner to create two, inch-long pieces of pipe cleaner to wrap around the ends of each long pipe cleaner, creating antlers.
- Glue googly eyes and pom-poms to the front of each hot cocoa cone, so that they look like reindeer.
- Sit the mugs on the counter and put one hot cocoa cone in each of them and wait for you to find them!