Skip to main content
- Wooden craft sticks (8)
- Hot glue gun
- Yarn (4 yards)
- Clear plastic cups (4)
- First, use a hot glue gun to glue together two wooden craft sticks, end to end, to create one longer stick. Repeat this step with the remaining sticks to create four longer sticks that are all the same length.
- Next, make a sturdy base by gluing the ends of your four long sticks together to create a square.
- After the glue has dried, use scissors to cut a piece of yarn, about 2 yards long. Tie one end of the yarn to a corner of your square. Wrap the yarn around the square base to create a tight zig-zag pattern. Once your yarn is wrapped all the way across the square, tie the end of the string to the square base.
- Cut another piece of yarn—also 2 yards long—to weave in and out of the zig-zag pattern you just created.
- Plastic cups can be used to hold the net up, if placed on a table or floor.
- Don’t forget to leave the net out where your elf will see it! I am sure the elf will be thankful you took the time to assure a safe landing.